THE ASSOCIATION OF HYPNOTHERAPY PRACTITIONERS MALAYSIA
Benefits of Membership
- Prestige factor. You gain recognition as a therapist from an independent body.
- Network and share knowledge with other therapists.
- Invitation to our members’ meetings and meet-ups.
- Access to WhatsApp group discussions on relevant topics.
- Free group supervision during the members’ meetings.
- Prompt information. Knowing what is happening with legislation and regulations.
- A voice in the T&CM Council through our membership with FCNMAM.
- Continuing professional development (CPD) as a therapist.
- Participate in AHPM’s roadshows and events.
- Volunteer to advocate for hypnotherapy in Malaysia.
- Access to members who are renowned trainers.
- Invitation to MOH’s T&CM roadshows, conferences and seminars.
- Access to indemnity insurance at group rate (Associate and Practicing Members)
- Membership Certificate (Associate and Practicing Members)
- Listing on AHPM website (Associate and Practicing Members)
- Entitled to enjoy the Member Benefit Program (Associate Members, Practicing Members & their immediate family members)
- Practicing Members are eligible to speak at Monthly Featured Speaker sharing sessions and have a post-event write up on AHPM platform.
Individual Members (IM)
- have an interest in hypnotherapy or hypnotherapy modalities; or
- are currently engaged in a program of study that will enable them to meet all the academic and practical experience required for Associate Membership.
Associate Members (AM)
Associate Members are members:
- who are undergoing their internship; or
- from another discipline that use hypnotherapy as an adjunct; or
- who have not yet met all the standard Practicing membership requirements of AHPM.
*Associate Members must hold a minimum of a SPM equivalent qualification.
Practicing Member (PM)
- Practicing Members must be 25 years of age and above, hold a minimum of a diploma in a relevant field and have at least 200 practicing hours of hypnotherapy or be registered in an established international accrediting body that is recognized by AHPM.
- Practicing Members must complete AHPM Mandatory Course and are required to have professional liability insurance.
- Practicing Members are required to uphold the reputation and standards of the AHPM and expected to conduct professionally at all times.
- Practicing Members have to fulfil the CPD requirements of the AHPM.
- They have the right to vote at general meetings and are eligible for election as committee members.
The Annual Fee covers the period from 1st January to 31st December.
*A one-off Registration Fee of RM 100 is paid upon joining the association.