The Association of Hypnotherapy Practitioners Malaysia (AHPM) was officially registered with the Registry of Societies (ROS) on 21 February 2011.
The AHPM is the peak body for hypnotherapy in Malaysia and an independent, all-inclusive, non-profit organization. The AHPM is also an ordinary member of The Federation of Complementary and Natural Medical Associations, Malaysia (FCNMAM), which is governed by the guidelines and rulings of the T&CM Council, Malaysia and the Malaysian laws.
The AHPM welcomes all hypnotherapists, including medical and healthcare professionals, professional educators, trainers, coaches, practitioners and students of hypnosis or hypnotherapy modalities, regardless of their training levels, educational levels and experience.
Stimulate greater acceptance, awareness, research and development into hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
To unite all hypnotherapists under one umbrella so that hypnotherapy will have a strong voice in the medical, health, coaching and wellness industries.
- To bring together all hypnotherapists under one umbrella organization, to give uniformity of process, values and aims, and to give the profession a stronger voice in Malaysia.
- To provide a common voice for hypnotherapy practitioners in the governance and laws about hypnosis in Malaysia
- Aims to support the development and growth of hypnosis in Malaysia.
- Aims to monitor the practice of hypnosis and to advocate for ethical practices to protect AHPM members and the general public.
- The AHPM shall remain independent and shall never be subjugated or put under duress by any single organization, training school, educational institution or person.
- To promote, to create awareness, and to dispel myths and taboos of hypnosis among the Malaysian public, Government Ministries, Healthcare and Wellness Industries.
- To advocate for the creation of educational and career pathways for aspiring hypnotherapists in Malaysia.
- To assist AHPM, hypnosis, hypnotherapy, hypnotherapists of whom are AHPM members, whether adjunct or otherwise, from unfounded accusations and claims.
- To promote the highest quality and standards of professionalism and ethics of
- hypnotherapy practitioners of whom are AHPM members, trainers and institutions providing hypnotherapy treatments, workshops and programs in Malaysia.
- To promote the development of high-quality accredited professional programs with local skill-based training and educational organizations.
- To advocate and promote hypnotherapy with the Federation of Complementary & Natural Medical Association, Malaysia (FCNMAM), the T&CM Council and governmental agencies.
- To work towards self-regulation as per Section 44 of Traditional and Complementary Medicine Act, 2016.